ESP32/ESP8266 OpenTherm Gateway
DIYLESS OpenTherm Gateway
The DIYLESS OpenTherm Gateway is a device that allows you to monitor and alter OpenTherm communication between an OpenTherm thermostat and an OpenTherm boiler.
This means that you can use the OpenTherm Gateway to:
- See what messages are being sent between the thermostat and the boiler.
- Change the messages that are being sent between the thermostat and the boiler.
- Send your own messages to the thermostat or the boiler.
This can be useful for a number of purposes, such as:
- Troubleshooting problems with your heating system.
- Optimizing your heating system for efficiency.
- Creating custom integrations with other smart home devices.
OpenTherm Gateway Assembly
You just need to follow these simple steps:
- Solder corresponding headers, screw therminal blocks to Master and Slave OpenTherm Shields
- Solder female headers to Wemos D1 mini Expansion Shield
- Stack Master, Slave OpenTherm Shields and WeMos/LOLIN D1 mini or WeMos D1 MINI ESP32 board
- Install OpenTherm Library into Arduino IDE
- Flash sample sketch (don't forget to update pins configuration)
OpenTherm Gateway can't be used as power source for a thermostat. Low power mode is supported only.
ESP32 or ESP8266 is not included. Please check parts list below
|Master OpenTherm Shield||1|
|Slave OpenTherm Shield||1|
|WeMos D1 mini Expansion Shield||1|
|Themperature sensor DS18B20||1|
|Stackable Female Header 2.54mm 8Pin 11mm Length||2|
|Stackable Female Header 2.54mm 8Pin 3mm Length||6|
|Single Row Male 2.54mm Breakable Pin Header Connector 8Pin||4|
|Screw Terminal Block Connector KF128-2P 3.81mm 2Pin||2|
|Shipping method||Estimated Time||Fees|